No Fuss Meat Sauce
In December you need to stop counting calories; I mean it! No matter how hard you try you will never stay in the angelic range of calorie consumption. So let it go and stop being guilty and start getting overloaded with those luscious calories… Those creamy fudges, to die for eggnogs, rich cakes and cheesy and meaty cassoroles… Yes have it all as if there is no tmrw and when the new year is finally here, take out the resolutions list you wrote while overloading yourself and follow it!!
Yes I know diet and exercise is on the list… somehow it is always there…
Anyways while I continue my indulgence and also try to complete my resolution list, let me leave you guys with a very esy “No Fuss Meat Sauce” recipe. This is a super meaty semi-homade meat suace. Trust me I like to make sauces from scratch but then there are days when scratch is just not an option .. for those days (Rather most days) this recipe is a blast. Semi-homdae part in this recipe is the store boght marinara sauce but we don’t stop here. We load our suace with warm spices and hers and ofcourse meat; taking it to another level.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as we do and add it to your repertoire.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef (95%)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried leeks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add ground beef and sauté it till it starts to get brown, about 6-7 minutes. Now add tomato paste, turmeric and red pepper flakes, cook for another 2-3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Finally add marinara sauce, dried herbs and ½ cup of water. Stir to combine, cover the pan and let t simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as per choice.
- Your sauce is ready. Cook your choice of pasta until al dente (as per the direction on the package), Drain and toss the pasta in the sauce. Serve Immediately!
- Sauce can be refrigerated for 2 days.
Feel free to adjust red pepper flakes as per your liking.
You can also use ground chicken,lamb or pork for this sauce.
Also if you like you can add vegetables like mushrooms, carrots etc