Honey Sriracha Chicken
Call me crazy if you want but this is what I do on late Friday night or most of the nights. I sit on laptop and talk to you. I love talking to you and sharing with you the recipes I make, the pictures I take and the beautiful inspiration and things I come across. Oh I love doing this!
So lets get started here. Today I have for you all an insanely delicious and ridiculously easy recipe for Honey Sriracha Chicken. Today’s post is a short one, Ready!
This is truly a fun recipe. Sweet, spicy and tangy flavors here create a perfect harmony of flavors in this recipe. All you need to do is to let the chicken pieces marinate in this flavorful marinade and then bake it or if you want you can also grill it.
So let me say bye for now and get ready for my deep slumber; you all have a beautiful weekend and I will see you all on Monday… Chow!
- 2-3 pounds chicken legs, thighs and/or wings.
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated and peeled
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable/any neutral flavor oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ black pepper
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 3-4 stalks of scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- Lime wedges, serve on side
- Wash and thoroughly dry the chicken pieces using a paper towel.
- In a large non-reactive bowl add all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well till they are well combined. Add the chicken pieces and toss well to coat them all with the marinade. Let the chicken marinate for minimum 30-45minutes at room temperature or in refrigerator if keeping for longer time. Toss the chicken at-least once while marinating.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large baking-dish/baking-sheet place the marinated chicken pieces in a single layer along with all the marinade. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick, 40-55minutes. Flip the chicken 1-2 times while baking to ensure even baking.
- Once done take out the chicken on serving platter, sprinkle with topping and serve immediately.
You can adjust the topping as per your liking.
You can also grill the chicken if you like.