Garlic Mushroom Noodles
Time is flying… I will be a mom of second grader in few months and honestly I am still in disbelief. It feels like yesterday when I held him first time in my arms, the very first time I became a mom, the very first time I saw a little angel looking at me and the best part he was all mine. And now just in few weeks he will be a young second grader; a little handsome boy with loads of ideas and opinions, turning slowly into an independent human being. Each and every achievement of his makes me a happy proud mom and brings tears of joy in my eyes… My baby is growing fast!
Anyways with so much happening in these last few weeks of school I have been really busy with volunteering and have been juggling too many things. So lately I have been making loads of noodles recipes for dinner. They are not only fun and delicious but also come together really fast. Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite noodles recipe; “Garlic Mushroom Noodles”. This recipe is really a very delicious and easy one. Mushroom and garlic add wonderful flavor to the noodles. If you want you can add some chicken or shrimps to the recipe too. I like my noodles with little kick and add whole dried chili, leave out if you are not a spicy food lover.
So give this recipe a try next time you crave some Asian style noodle goodness and let me know how you find this recipe. Enjoy your rest of the week and stay safe.
- 8 ounces Asian style noodles (spaghetti noodles)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4-6 dried red chilies whole (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry (optional)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup scallion chopped
- Cook the noodles according to the direction on the packet, rinse well with cold water, drain and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix the seasoning ingredients, keep aside.
- Heat a large wok/skillet on high and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Once the oil is hot and shimmering add the sliced mushrooms and stir-fry them till they start to get little brown. Don’t crowd the wok/skillet and if needed do it in batches.
- Once the mushrooms are done, take them out on a plate. Heat the remaining oil on high again and add the garlic and dried chilies. Stir-fry them for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked mushrooms back to the wok and stir-fry with garlic for 1 minute or two. Now add the seasoning and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Finally add the cooked noodles to the wok, toss well to get all the noodles well coated with the seasoning.
- Check for the seasoning if needed add some salt.
- Top with chopped scallion, Serve Hot!
Per Serving (approx) - | Cal - 372 | Carb - 44gm | Protein - 10gm | Fat - 17gm | Fiber - 2gm | WW Points - 10 | WW Points Old - 8 |