Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
I have been cooking and shooting food like crazy from past few days… And as an aftermath I have been eating like a monster… Things have been crazy busy at my end, but I am grateful for all the opportunities and experience I am getting and above all I am grateful for being able to share all these fun recipes with you and the love and support you have been giving to me. So a BIG THANKS to you!
Today I have for you a really delicious and a fun recipe; “Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla”. Absolutely delicious and super easy to fix this is one of my to go meal anytime. I can literally make this with my eyes closed; OK, it is a complete exaggeration and Please DON”T EVER cook/chop/fix or do anything with closed eyes (except sleeping/dreaming/…)
I like making my own Buffalo sauce and also like to add little sugar to it but you can totally leave the sugar out when making this sauce or use a store bought Buffalo Sauce if you like. Also for chicken, you can use any leftover chicken you have or use store bought rotisserie/roasted chicken. For the hot sauce I like using Frank Red Hot Sauce.
This is a fabulous recipe, give it a try and get addicted!
Also I am sorry for leaving you all with just one picture of this delicious goodness, blame it on my crazy multitasking I formatted my SD card without realizing that few pictures were not downloaded. I was left with just 4 out of that only these 2 made me smile.. Yes me crazy me!
Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- 2 cups, skinless chicken breast, finely chopped
- ½ cup scallion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup Monterey-jack/ Pepper-jack cheese, shredded
- Oil for brushing the skillet/grilled
- 4 large tortilla, whole-wheat/corn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6-8 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Frank’s red hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- In a saucepan add all the ingredients for the sauce and bring them to a boil on medium heat. Remove from the heat and keep the sauce aside.
- In a large bowl add chicken, scallions, cilantro and 6-8 tablespoons of the buffalo sauce (you can add more or less sauce as per your choice and the amount of heat you prefer). Mix well so everything gets well coated with the sauce.
- Divide the chicken mixture and the cheese into 4 parts. Spoon 1 part of chicken mixture over half of tortilla and top it with 1 part of cheese; fold the tortilla in half.
- Heat a large skillet/griddle on medium-high heat and lightly brush it with oil. Place the folded and stuffed tortilla and cook until brown and crisp, and the cheese is melted; flip and cook until the other-side also gets brown and crisp. Repeat with the other quesadillas.
- Serve hot with remaining dipping sauce. (You can also baste the cooked quesadilla with hot sauce if you like)
You omit sugar if you like when making the sauce.
Also you can increase/decrease the amount of hot sauce as per your choice.