A perfect salad is truly a celebration of simplicity; a simple green salad is an excellent way to refresh not only our palate but also our soul. I agree that salads now are much more complicated then tearing and tossing few greens but still for me the true elegance of salad lies in its simplicity…
This pretty delicious Breakfast salad is a perfect way to start the day. Simple to the point of crudeness, this salad is an absolute no effort-big flavor masterpiece. Green tossed with chunks of breads and almonds and topped with boiled egg, makes a perfect bowl of goodness not only for breakfast but for anytime of the day. Imagination is the key here, use any ingredient of your choice and enjoy.
So wishing you all a beautiful and safe week and a Happy 4th of July!! Enjoy!
- Prepare the Honey-Lime Vinaigrette (if using) and keep aside.
- Bring water to boil in a sauce pan. Once the water starts to boil, gently put the eggs into the sauce pan. Immediately lower the heat to simmer and set the timer to 5 minutes if you want soft, I like them little more set so I boil them for 6 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, toast the bread slice in toaster or griddle. Once the bread is done apply butter on the slices (optional). Tear the slices into big chunks and keep aside.
- When the timer goes off immediately remove the eggs from the sauce pan and place them in cool water bath to stop the cooking and also to make them easier to handle.
- In bowl add toast chunks and arugula. Add almonds and drizzle with vinaigrette now (if using). Cut the egg in half and place it on the top of salad, sprinkle with salt and pepper and Enjoy.
Honey-Lime Vinaigrette –
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except olive oil (you can also shake everything in a jar with a tight fitting lid).
- Finally add the olive oil, whisk or shake well until smooth. Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up-to 2 days.